• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

I think the PointZero, Abest, Pro and a couple others are all pretty close to being the same compressor. Lower cost made-in-China compressors that generally get high ratings in the reviews. I ordered the Pro which looks extremely similar to what you ordered. They have a version with the tank like the one you ordered but I went with the one without the tank. These compressors use 1/8" BSP fittings and most of the common popular airbrushes (including Grex) use NPT fittings so there's a good chance you're going to need an adaptor like this one.

Edit: I just spent several minutes searching the internet for an 1/8" BSP to 1/8" NPT adaptor in Canada and for what it will cost + shipping, I can just order the Paasche D220R compressor (1/6 HP, up to 50 PSI)  instead and be done with it. So I went back to amazon.ca and canceled the Pro compressor. So much for trying to be thrifty.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

I think the PointZero, Abest, Pro and a couple others are all pretty close to being the same compressor. Lower cost made-in-China compressors that generally get high ratings in the reviews. I ordered the Pro which looks extremely similar to what you ordered. They have a version with the tank like the one you ordered but I went with the one without the tank. These compressors use 1/8" BSP fittings and most of the common popular airbrushes (including Grex) use NPT fittings so there's a good chance you're going to need an adaptor like this one.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook