• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tee Eva's Pies

Diner Girl

Tee Eva's Pies and Pralines, 4430 Magazine Street

Tee Eva's World Famous Pies and Pralines. Tee Eva, who waits on customers herself, is famous for her sugary sweet snow-balls, gourmet pies and homemade pralines, but for a couple of extra dollars try one of her quick, hot lunches which are quickly gaining a following of their own. For less than ten dollars, Tee Eva will fill your plate with jambalaya and sausage, red beans and rice, macaroni and cheese and the vegetable of the day. Who knew you could get exceptional down home cooking from a place with a walk-up window?

just a bit of background on the place from New Orleans CVB

and, from what I've read, I believe that Tee Eva's is open .. but someone from NO will confirm, I imagine ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

to check the status of your favorite New Orleans restaurants and find out if they are open again, This link is the place to go. It is put up by Tom Fitzmorris, one of the real hard workers to help get the culinary world of New Orleans back on its feet. God Bless Tom.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!