• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food that's better than sex

Fresser

Okay Fresser,

you have my attention...but the bananas have to be deep fried, coated in a light crisp batter, the sour cream must be marscapone ice cream studded with candied ginger, their must be copious amounts of dark chocolate sauce spiced with chilies, and the whipping cream should be sweetened with maple syrup and bourbon. That's just to get the engine running... :wink:

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

• 2 weeks later...

Sucuk (spicy Turkish sausage) dipped in sweet/sour (more sour) pomegranate molasses.

Perfectly boiled-then-grilled octopus with a splash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.

Profiteroles filled with pastry cream and raspberries and covered with white chocolate sauce. (Hey, it's not "really" chocolate...)

Just got reminded of this in another thread - a slice of really good tsoureki (like challah but with 8 eggs, lots of butter, lightly sweet, and with a good dose of mahlep), toasted, and spread with entirely too much butter.

A really good keşkül (recipe to be posted soon).

Um...I haven't been getting much sex lately I guess.... :huh:

"Los Angeles is the only city in the world where there are two separate lines at holy communion. One line is for the regular body of Christ. One line is for the fat-free body of Christ. Our Lady of Malibu Beach serves a great free-range body of Christ over angel-hair pasta."

-Lea de Laria

What, are you all CRAZY?! :wacko: I ADORE food, but c'mon! It's cute to say, but there's no way anyone could really mean it. Food is number 3, tied with 'media', and I am a big eater!

Sex, well, the only thing that beats THAT is raising kids, and we all know how kids usually happen, so... although, the Sunday paper, a decent CD, a cup of ibrik coffee, some cake and fruit, a boy to share it with... well, there you go, you need the sex for that to sound perfect, I rest my case.

Sheesh, since when am I the voice of reason?

Fresser, you need to wear better dresses, you're not attracting the right girls, is all.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Unfortunately, there ARE foods that are better than sex-depending, of course, with whom you are having sex :shock: ! With that caveat, I am a long time fan of holding a bite of a rich dark chocolate truffle in my mouth and then taking a sip of excellent French Roast which melts the chocolate which drips down my throat...sigh

Kate

:blink:

God of wisdom: don't anyone tell Fresser about sour cream, strawberries (the real gorgeously-ripe thing, from an honest farmer's market, not them half-wooden pretenders in the supermarkets!), and brown sugar! We'd have to tie the man down...

:biggrin:

Edited by Lady T (log)

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

I want to know who Fresser's been sleeping with.... :laugh:

Or not, huh?

Man, not many entries into this contest.............

Tobin James Late Harvest Zin (Liquid Love) with chocolate mousse cake comes to mind.....but truly, it isn't a "better than"", just a "prelude to......." :rolleyes:

God of wisdom: don't anyone tell Fresser about sour cream, strawberries (the real gorgeously-ripe thing, from an honest farmer's market, not them half-wooden pretenders in the supermarkets!), and brown sugar!  We'd have to tie the man down...

As George Costanza said, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Silk scarves, please. :rolleyes:

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com