• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food that's better than sex

Fresser

I really shouldn't be eating this with Mama Fresser in the room. *

Rummaging for dessert tonight, I happened upon that orgasmic treat: sliced bananas in sour cream. :wub: It's probably the easiest recipe one can make: scoop out some Breakstone's sour cream, plop it into a bowl and top it with barely ripe sliced bananas. It's enough to make me want a cigarette after I eat it. And I don't even smoke!

Note that my choice fits neither into the Manly Food or PMS Cravings taxonomies. I suspect that other odd collations are lurking out there.

* Slowly, surely, I sense myself morphing into George Costanza.

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

OMG, I hope Fresser is not "great with child." I really wouldn't want to see the pictures of him with fishnets and vericose veins; never mind the unsightly stretch marks. :wink: To say nothing of the implications of him procreating. :shock:

But back on topic . . . I had some truffle ice cream at Joe's in Venice (w/RJWong) the other night that was pretty orgasmic. Not sure how it compares to bananas and sour cream (:wacko:) but it was darn good.

And, I say it again, "Poor Mama Fresser."

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

steve/heather

if that's the best you can do....<shakes head in disbelief>

no berries? no quark instead of sour cream?

NO CHOCOLATE - OH, THE HUMANITY

:wink:

love ya and keep eating healthy

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

We're discounting, for the moment, that he may have eaten it all in one bite. His reputation is still salvageable. :biggrin:

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Fresser thanks so much for bring back a flood of memories! That's so reminiscent of my early formative years; my bubby, my dad & mom in the kitchen with bowls containing sour cream & sliced bananas, sometimes throw in some strawberries, always with a large slice of black bread (I guess it was pumpernickel) & butter. Sometimes preceded by a bowl of cold borscht (not cold enough for dad so he added ice cubes!?!) with boiled potatoes & of course lots of Sealtest sour cream.

Better than?

As good as, something akin to, something to be eaten before, or after...or even during...but better than?

I dunno...  I mean, it's not even red meat.

I was going to tell Fresser that I fear he hadn't found the right woman, but the little voice in my head said "Don't be a smartass, Patrick!" And for once, I listened. :raz:

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Better than?

As good as, something akin to, something to be eaten before, or after...or even during...but better than?

I dunno...  I mean, it's not even red meat.

I was going to tell Fresser that I fear he hadn't found the right woman, but the little voice in my head said "Don't be a smartass, Patrick!" And for once, I listened. :raz:

I kinda went there, though a little more delicately... I don't have that voice in my head. Generally, the voices in my head cheer me on.

On Oahu there's this place called Eggs'n Things where I had the pleasure of discovering the pairing of banana and sour cream wrapped in a crepe, topped with whipped cream and more banana slices. Unforgetable.

The human mouth is called a pie hole. The human being is called a couch potato... They drive the food, they wear the food... That keeps the food hot, that keeps the food cold. That is the altar where they worship the food, that's what they eat when they've eaten too much food, that gets rid of the guilt triggered by eating more food. Food, food, food... Over the Hedge

Eating a banana in one bite is, for me at least, just too suggestive.  Oranges are less Freudian.

Sometimes a banana is just a banana...

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I want to know who Fresser's been sleeping with.... :laugh:

In my online personals ad, I describe the potential Mrs. Fresser thusly:

She has the brains of Marie Curie and the body of Jane Russell. Maybe even the sarcastic wit of Elaine Boozler?

Oddly, I made no mention of her culinary tastes. I just hope she likes garlic...

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

She has the brains of Marie Curie and the body of Jane Russell. Maybe even the sarcastic wit of Elaine Boozler?

Oddly, I made no mention of her culinary tastes. I just hope she likes garlic...

Too bad polygamy is illegal; I think your chances for happiness would be greatly improved if you weren't trying to cobble together. :raz:

M.F.K. Fisher

I'm sure you were suprised by the tidal wave of interested replies from single physicist bombshells?

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

I was eating one of these this weekend.. and as I was walking the streets of Amsterdam, munching away, dipping crunchy golden fries in unctuous, slightly tangy , thick and creamy mayo, I thought of this thread.

gallery_21505_358_75332.jpg

Okay. Maybe not better than. But as good as.. yes. Or at least very, very, very close.