• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

18 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I'll add more tomorrow, unless someone chips or dips in first.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing more about that center section. Years ago I had a small little Mongolian Hot Pot that I was supposed to put coals in the center section to heat the soup. then somebody told me they could explode from the coals in the center section and I was afraid to use it anymore. Besides, to be perfectly truthful, it was a pain in the butt, but then, I always thought fondue was a waste of time also. Too much work just to appear ostentatious.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

14 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

I'll add more tomorrow, unless someone chips or dips in first.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing more about that center section. Years ago I had a small little Mongolian Hot Pot that I was supposed to put coals in the center section to heat the soup. then somebody told me they could explode from the coals in the center section and I was afraid to use it anymore. Besides, to be perfectly truthful, it was a pain in the butt.