• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

2 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I remember these well but wasn't there another one that had a one piece handle? As I remember, it was rather poorly designed as you had to angle it downward to attach it and risked hitting your knuckles on the oven rack.

There was a Corningware one piece handle with a twist end that tightened it on to the short handle end  so it could be used like a stove top pan handle. I don't recall if it was oven safe.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

2 hours ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I remember these well but wasn't there another one that had a one piece handle? As I remember, it was rather poorly designed as you had to angle it downward to attach it and risked hitting your knuckles on the oven rack.

There was a Corning one piece handle with a twist end that tightened it on to the short handle end  so it could be used like a stove top pan handle. I don't recall if it was oven proof.