• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

11 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Cool!  Sort of kitchen-y :)

Sure.  If you think a little retro, there are plenty of uses.  Bottle/reseal your limoncello or May wine, verjus or whatever.

Aside from bottling the occasional 6L bottles of wine, I use mine to cork my wicker-covered water bottle so it won't leak.  Works a lot better than a trial cork. 

boilsover

boilsover

9 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Sure.  If you think a little retro, there are plenty of uses.  Bottle/reseal your limoncello or May wine, verjus or whatever.

Aside from bottling the occasional 6L bottles of wine, I use mine to cork my wicker-covered water bottle so it won't leak.  Woks a lot better than a trial cork. 

boilsover

boilsover

4 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

I use mine to cork my wicker-covered water bottle so it won't leak.  Woks a lot better than a trial cork.