• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Unusual & mysterious kitchen gadgets

andiesenji

• 2 weeks later...

Works as a letter opener - I use something similar to cut the paper roll on the Selmi. This one might be used to slit open the top of food pouches?

22 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Works as a letter opener - I use something similar to cut the paper roll on the Selmi. This one might be used to slit open the top of food pouches?

No. It is used on food. Remember, it is Chinese.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Something to do with snails?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Lychee peeler

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Water chestnut Peeler

My 2004 eG Blog

Just now, liuzhou said:

Neither.

Regardless of how off the mark we are I still think it is a miracle that I can be sitting here just outside of Toronto in North America chatting with somebody who is in China and getting almost an instant response. 

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

Bedtime here in the land of rice-eaters. All will be revealed in the morning (my time).

Please keep trying though. If anyone gets it, there is a prize! You can win one. (Winner collects - head north-west from Hong Kong).

Edited by liuzhou (log)

1 minute ago, Anna N said:

Regardless of how off the mark we are I still think it is a miracle that I can be sitting here just outside of Toronto in North America chatting with somebody who is in China and getting almost an instant response. 

I often think that.

Any chance of a better photo of the business end of that implement or a description of it? I'm having a hard time seeing what exactly is located there? Is that a sharp blade? 

Rice sack opener

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog