• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

6 minutes ago, rotuts said:

what happens to the  crumbs above the 1/2 ??

That's why I said it would probably only work with my angel food cakes because that's about how they turned out. I don't even try to make them anymore.

They would probably work just fine for the one layer sponge cakes or cakes of that type. However, now that I think about it as you're pushing it down it would break the top surface of the cake and you could push it right on down to the bottom. Maybe?

I did notice when I went to eBay that it's only worth about $4 so what would you have to lose.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

4 minutes ago, rotuts said:

That's why I said it would probably only work with my angel food cakes because that's about how they turned out. I don't even try to make them anymore.

They would probably work just fine for the one layer sponge cakes or cakes of that type. However, now that I think about it as you're pushing it down it would break the top surface of the cake and you could push it right on down to the bottom. Maybe?

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

3 minutes ago, rotuts said: