• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I am currently reading Magnus Nilsson's The Nordic Baking Book.  Sadly there is a dearth of Finish pancakes, but there is one recipe, veriohukaiset, blood pancakes, that might appeal to you.  Onions are optional, if inauthentic -- sugared lingonberries are suggested.

Blodplättar. I've eaten that, but in Norway. No forest fires there, either.  It's all beginning to make sense!

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I am currently reading Magnus Nilsson's The Nordic Baking Book.  Sadly there is a dearth of Finish pancakes, but there is one recipe, veriohukaiset, blood pancakes, that might appeal to you.  Onions are optional, if inauthentic -- sugared lingonberries are suggested.

Blodplättar. I've eaten that, but in Norway. No forest firs there, either.  It's all beginning to make sense!