• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visiting Philly March 24-25

Tweaked

For a really good asian cuisine that you'll not find many other places, try the Burmese at Rangoon, which is on 9th Street, a little north of Arch St. Very distinctive and delicious food that Philadelphia is lucky to have.

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

For oysters and clams (live or fried), snapper soup (a rarely found classic served with a splash of sherry) and good basic seafood and finfish, Sansom Street Oyster House. Moderately priced, one of the last of the surviving classic fish houses., Even if it is only 20 or so years old, it's heritage goes back more than a century. Particularly good deals at Happy Hour (L.I. Bluepoints for a buck apiece, though lots of other oysters, East, Gulf and West Coast, priced up to $2.50, iirc.)

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

For oysters and clams (live or fried), snapper soup (a rarely found classic served with a splash of sherry) and good basic seafood and finfish, Sansom Street Oyster House. Moderately priced, one of the last of the surviving classic fish houses., Even if it is only 20 or so years old, it's heritage goes back more than a century.

Don't tell me that it can trace its heritage to Kelly's of Mole Street?

That's like Wachovia stating that it is the oldest commercial bank in the United States. (It doesn't, but it could after it acquired CoreStates, which had previously swallowed First Pennsylvania Bank, which in 1929 had acquired the Bank of North America, in business since 1782.)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

If you have a car, take 95 north to the Betsy Ross Bridge, go North on Rt 130 about a mile and try Fuji. If you can give advance notice, call and reserve the Kaiseki (8 course) dinner. A bargain at $65.00, though you can get fancy for more (still a bargain).

http://www.fujirestaurant.com/

(edit) 65 per person, btw

Edited by bob tenaglio (log)