• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jellyfish

Kent Wang

You can save money by going to an office supply store and buying a big box of rubber bands. Cut them in half and mix them with jellyfish tendrils. Nobody will ever tell the difference.

I like my jellyfish like I like my men: flexible, and mildly poisonous.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

I like my jellyfish like I like my men: flexible, and mildly poisonous.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That reminds me of a Clue quotation: "Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Eating pizza with a fork and knife is like making love through an interpreter.

Jelly fish salad (hae pari nang chea) is a common dish and usually served at banquet type meals. It is cut into thin long strips and thrown in with jullianed vegies to make a "pasta salad" like dish. The dressing is made of yellow korean mustard (has similar kick as wasabi) and it will clear your nose. I've grown to really love this dish.

Last time I had it was at my son's 1 year bday. The caterer we use always seems to include it. None of my neighbors (none of them who are korean) would touch it. My family ate it up.