• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Emeril's program on the Recovery

joiei

Here is the schedule on the Food Network listing Emeril's program on the recovery from Katrina along the Gulf Coast. It has been pretty good so far. Lots of interviews with restauranters, the Brennan's of course and Leah Chase. I recommend it if you can.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Here is the schedule on the Food Network listing Emeril's program on the recovery from Katrina along the Gulf Coast.  It has been pretty good so far.  Lots of interviews with restauranters, the Brennan's of course and Leah Chase.  I recommend it if you can.

I watched it tonight with interest...I thought it was a very good show that showed the spirit of the city...Got to see several restraunts I have visited in the past and hope to visit in the future. I have family in this weekend that I plan on cooking creole chicken & grits, cheese sausage bisquites and bread pudding for tomorrow...I am looking forward to visiting family in NO this summer, I hope things are back in order.

Here is the schedule on the Food Network listing Emeril's program on the recovery from Katrina along the Gulf Coast.  It has been pretty good so far.  Lots of interviews with restauranters, the Brennan's of course and Leah Chase.  I recommend it if you can.

I watched it tonight with interest...I thought it was a very good show that showed the spirit of the city...Got to see several restraunts I have visited in the past and hope to visit in the future. I have family in this weekend that I plan on cooking creole chicken & grits, cheese sausage bisquites and bread pudding for tomorrow...I am looking forward to visiting family in NO this summer, I hope things are back in order.

I watched tonight as well. It was not badly done. I just wish that he had started a long time ago. Better late than never, I guess.

As far as this summer, or next summer, it won't be back in order, at all, but it's still a great place to get a decent meal. I had dinner at Brigsten's last night and it was pretty damned stupendous. It was very hard to imagine, as usual, that just several blocks away there were miles of empty houses and abandoned businesses.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

We saw Paul Prudhomme live and in person at K-Pauls' on Tuesday night. He does indeed look great. He was seated at his regular table in the back of the restaurant, then was on the patio with a film crew. Don't know what was really going on, we were too busy eating... I had the eggplant with seafood cream sauce and Steve had the Tenderloins - both their usual spectacular plates. A 3 piece Cajun band came, wandering through diners, and ending their performance with a sing-a-long of 'Jambalaya'. It was a fun and relaxing evening.

The next day, we took the 'Super City Tour'. I don't have the vocabulary to convey our thoughts. I can't imagine how long recovery will take, or even that it will occur, but EVERYONE we talked to was totally upbeat and positive - not a downer anywhere. If we all can encourage people to return, and spend money, maybe this great city can get back on it's feet.

Stop Family Violence