• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pretentious water retailers in Toronto?

Endy'

just wondering if anyone knows a place I can buy Badoit, Voss, etc., locally in Toronto. The best options I know of are either 1. paying a massive markup (understandable; they're a restaurant) at EPIC or 2. these guys, http://www.aqua-store.com, and I'm not even sure yet if they'll ship outside Montreal...

Move to Lakefield Ontario - our local IGA carries VOSS, Badoit and others. For a village, we've got a veritable ocean of name brands....

:biggrin:

Chantal

www.kawarthacuisine.ca

"Where there are vines, there is civilization"

from Mondovino

called qpro (thanks malcolm), who said they distribute Voss and Ty Nant to local retailers like Caban, Whole Foods, Pusateri's, etc.. They also have a warehouse in town (Etobicoke if I recall) where you can buy same, casewise.

also contacted those Aqua Store guys about Badoit, and they advised me to try Pusateri's and Whole Foods, and that if that didn't pan out, they were willing to ship me some at "minimal rates".

I went by Whole Foods a few nights ago and they have Voss and Ty Nant (and Galvania, Fiji, etc. etc.) but no Badoit. I'll try Pusateri's this weekend.

BTW, I tried the Ty Nant still and thought it was nothing remarkable...but I don't typically like still water.