• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Scottsdale / Sedona Dining Recommendations

• 1 month later...

I like Malee's - there is one in old downtown Scottsdale and another in the 'burbs from what i understand.

And the S.O. does an annual golf trip there and (if you have any ability to cook) they swear by Fry's, where they found incredible bargains of steaks, lobster tails and the like. His golfing buds love to cook and love to eat well, so they indulge mightily cooking at the vacation home and bank big bucks for a couple of resto splurges.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

I like Malee's - there is one in old downtown Scottsdale and another in the 'burbs from what i understand.

And the S.O. does an annual golf trip there and (if you have any ability to cook) they swear by Fry's, where they found incredible bargains of steaks, lobster tails and the like.  His golfing buds love to cook and love to eat well, so they indulge mightily cooking at the vacation home and bank big bucks for a couple of resto splurges.

I don't know about the Fry's thing...

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

• 11 months later...
I am going to Scottsdale next week for a conference, staying at the Westin Kierland... are any of these places within walking distance?  How far is Phoenix from Scottsdale?

Scottsdale is a suburb that borders Phoenix...walking distance of the Westin Kierland, my recommendation would be Zinc Bistro

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

DH and I treated my niece (from San Fran) to Richardson's brunch last weekend. It was excellent! That's one of our favorite dinner spots, but this was our first brunch....first of many more to come.

Another related option is Dick's Hideaway, owned by the Richardson's people and right around the corner. We went for a late lunch and we were the only people in the place, which is a dramatic contrast to my Richardson's experiences. Food was just as good though, if you stick to the southwestern stuff (avoiding the pizzas, for example, which seems obvious, but...)

photos are here because ImageGullet doesn't want to upload my pictures today...

mark

Edited by markemorse (log)

• 4 weeks later...
DH and I treated my niece (from San Fran) to Richardson's brunch last weekend. It was excellent! That's one of our favorite dinner spots, but this was our first brunch....first of many more to come.

Another related option is Dick's Hideaway, owned by the Richardson's people and right around the corner. We went for a late lunch and we were the only people in the place, which is a dramatic contrast to my Richardson's experiences. Food was just as good though, if you stick to the southwestern stuff (avoiding the pizzas, for example, which seems obvious, but...)

mark

Another option at Kierland Commons is The Greene House and North. Both these two and Zink are on the same block. Good eats at all three.

What has not been talked about is Atlas Bistro in South Scottsdale around Thomas and Scottsdale. You get to it by walking through the AZ Wine Company. Atlas has about 10 tables, does 3 and 4 course meals. You can bring your own wine or pick one up in AZ Wine before dinner and they will serve it for you. Very good eats.

• 2 weeks later...

mark

Dick's and Richardon's actually share a kitchen and the menus are the same.