• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

50th Anniversary bash

fud

I found a post on a big birthday bash for 70 people but my friend only has 20.

Requirements are:

- 20+ people

- Grandparent's are not 'that' adventerous which means no thai or fusion food involving too much spice but they do like Greek.

- Has to be quiet enough to have a conversation without too much raising of voices

- Prefer it to be in the yaletown area

Suggestions?

Thanks for any help! I'm having trouble finding a place that fits 20, will be well suited for older folks.

Any help would be appreciated!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Hmm... have you called Provence Marinaside, Circolo, or Amacord in Yaletown? They strike me as restaurants that would work for an "older" crowd and for those who are not overly adventurous. You might have to do a set menu though...

Edited by tarteausucre (log)

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."

~ Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

Tara Lee

Literary and Culinary Rambles

http://literaryculinaryrambles.blogspot.com

^ Thanks guys!

I'll pass this as well as some PM's I got on! It's actually for my coworker's grandparents as he's not too familiar with the good eats in the city.

HSG was my first feeling too because of that nice back private room and the promise of hanger steak and the rugged good looks of the chef.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

^ Thanks guys! 

I'll pass this as well as some PM's I got on!  It's actually for my coworker's grandparents as he's not too familiar with the good eats in the city. 

HSG was my first feeling too because of that nice back private room and the promise of hanger steak and the rugged good looks of the chef.

How about the private room at Hy's Encore. Take em back to the era of their courtship for a great steakhouse dinner. That place is a winner for special events.

Adding to your many suggestions, La Terrazza in Yaletown has a beautiful private room with floor to ceiling wine displays and can probably accommodate 20 or so people comfortably. The restaurant is spacious and not too crowded - good for old folks.

Adding to your many suggestions, La Terrazza in Yaletown has a beautiful private room with floor to ceiling wine displays and can probably accommodate 20 or so people comfortably.  The restaurant is spacious and not too crowded - good for old folks.

Harrison sounds marvellous, too bad it's not for my grandparents but really I'm just being helpful for a friend. La Terazza is another good one I will mention it to him!