• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heading to Nassau

jediNord

So the family and I are taking a vacation to Nassau at the end of April. I am assuming the rum selection will be good there, and mostly duty-free.

For those that have been, any recommendations on what to do and where to go? Places to eat? Things not-to-be-missed? Keep in mind, I will have the wife and two small boys with me...

First, you won't be overwhelmed with the rum selection. Don Lorenzo flavored rums are available in the Bahamas, they aren't sold in the US. As for duty free, forget it. The Bahamas don't have income taxes so they have to tax everything else, especially imports. Bacardi has a distillery in the Bahamas so you'll save some on those labels.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.