• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brand new: "Shrimp Steaks"

markk

Shrimp Siamese

naah

add another for

Shrimp a Trois?

I like that one

geez what next

woodburner

Thanks for my laugh for the night woodburner. How about the new and improved 'shrimp loaf'.... stack 'em side to side with some lovely crab concoction sticking them together, served with what? Brown butter? too rich....

Someone really should call the company and ask how this is done. I'm still banking on some sort of enzyme that holds the shrimp together.

Does anyone have contact information for the company itself? I'll do the research if I can get a name.

The next time someone sees these at a store, get the contact info (name, address, phone, web) and then we can try to find out what's what.

And I must say, highchef, that shrimp loaf sounds vaguely fecal to me. Then again, I have an infant daughter, so my mind tends in that direction.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

The next time someone sees these at a store, get the contact info (name, address, phone, web) and then we can try to find out what's what.

And I must say, highchef, that shrimp loaf sounds vaguely fecal to me. Then again, I have an infant daughter, so my mind tends in that direction.

What DID you picture this as looking like???

I mean, shrimp and crabmeat......

Ummm, when you cook chopped raw protein, it does have a tendency to naturally stick together. Anyone here familiar with a hamburger? ;)

If tg was utilized, would it have to be in the ingredients? Do enzymes have to be listed?

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not running out to buy any. These come out to about 16 bucks a pound for what look to me to be pretty small shrimp. And although they are butterflied, I can't help but wonder how well they're deveined.