• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lobby Resto reviewed in the Star

rgruby

I have a reservation for next Wednesday. Does anyone know if Bragagnolo has already left the building? Has anyone eaten there recently, following this announcement?

Yeah - my wife and I went there August 4th - I asked our server about the chef.

She confirmed that Bragagnolo had left about 3 weeks prior.

They don't have a tasting menu any more.

The new chef is Sergio something-or-other.

Overall I'd say our experience was mixed. Not horrible, but not great either.

We had an app each, and an entree each.

My veal entree was overcooked, and they seemed to go a bit overboard on the truffle oil on a few of the dishes.

The total cost for the meal (without alcohol) was almost $200.

I don't think I would go back. It just isn't worth the money.

Next time I'll go somewhere else.

Is Lobby now closed?

A coworker walked past it this morning, and there were two signs posted. One said, "Suspended: Failure to Remove Evidence" and then on the actual door it said, "Closed for Renovations".

This is quite odd, as we were there last week and it needed no renovations!

I did not see the sign myself, so please enlighten us if you have more concrete information.

PS. What the heck does the former sign mean anyways? Sounds like something you'd see on CSI... :huh:

Is Lobby now closed?

A coworker walked past it this morning, and there were two signs posted. One said, "Suspended: Failure to Remove Evidence" and then on the actual door it said, "Closed for Renovations".

This is quite odd, as we were there last week and it needed no renovations!

I did not see the sign myself, so please enlighten us if you have more concrete information.

PS.  What the heck does the former sign mean anyways? Sounds like something you'd see on CSI... :huh:

Lobby is in fact closed for renovation until Wednesday the 6th it re opens for the film festival, with a brand new chef. Edited by Jeebus (log)

www.azurerestaurant.ca