• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I-10 Texas to Mobile

Bill Miller

Posts here need to be kept to food related topics, but you can PM the member, should you wish, on this topic ...

Now, should you be inquiring about food places on this stretch of highway .. let go with your questions right here in the Louisiana forum! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I am in Lafayette about 7 or 8 times a year - just returned from Mardi Gras there and in Eunice 2 nights ago. If you pull off I 10 at the Evangeline Exit to Lafayette you will see Prejeans a short distance down on the left. It can be reached using Gloria Switch frontage road. Cafe Vermillionville on Johnston is great but you may need reservations. Cafe des Amis is also a favorite in the next won over - Breaux Bridge. Lots of great music in that area as well.

Driving over and back 3rd week in March with an overnite in LaFayette.  How is I-10? At one time a major bridge was out.  Thanks so much !!

Just west of Lafayette is the BestStop Supermarket, one of my favorite sources of tasso, smoked sausage, stuffed quail, etc. Take the Scott/Cankton exit, head north, and you will see it on your left (west) about two miles north of I-10. An ice-chest worthy stop. Or a good cracklins, beef jerky-n-beer stop.

Turn north on the Breaux Bridge Exit-follow the signs to Poche's (you have to get on Poche Bridge Rd-it's tougher than it sounds at night-just axe Rachel Perleaux). Eat some boudin, fill up your ice chest, and head back out, happy and full. It's about 5 minutes off of I-10 if you don't get lost-then it's a bit farther.

Have a good trip.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

5 minutes off of I 10 dammit. 5 minutes.

You just don't remember because you were too busy yelling and pulling out what was left of my hair at that point.

I'm bald now. Now you know the reason behind it.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...