• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Azorean beer?

elfin

The Azores, Portugese islands in the middle of the Atlantic, apparently brews its own beer-Especial. Anyone tried it?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}

No but I've tried their women. My girlfriend is from the Azores. if the beer is half as good we got a winner! ;)

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

No head, body, or mouth-feel jokes, k guys?

BeerAdvocate.com has a couple of reviews on it. I'm guessing that since there's a large Acorean population in the New Bedford area that it's imported there. I've not seen it in Mineola, NY or Newark, NJ - two large Portuguese areas.

Edited by lambretta76 (log)

• 1 month later...

My husband thought the beer was fine-he certaintly drank enough of it!

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}