• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sauterne Jelly Where to buy?

How quickly do you need it? Wine jellies are very easy to make and are virtually fool-proof.

Recipes for Wine jelly.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Wegmans' Manalapan store might carry it. Tel.: 732-625-4100.

Delicious Orchards, in Colts Neck, carries a lot of specialty items. Tel.: 732-462-1989.

The closest Whole Foods to Freehold is in Middletown, on Route 35 at Chapel Hill Rd. Tel.: 732-758-1688.

I agree that down your way I'd try Delicious Orchards. Also Ryland Inn has had it. (I'm sure you can get some to go.)

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

How quickly do you need it?  Wine jellies are very easy to make and are virtually fool-proof.

Recipes for Wine jelly.

Exactly. Just buy an inexpensive semillon dessert wine like a montbazillac and go to town with the fruit pectin mix.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host