• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegas Taquerias

So, we all know that Vegas is restaurant mecca. We also know that the city has a significant Hispanic population. Which must mean that somewhere, out in the burbs, are a bunch of taquerias and such like. Some of them may even be good.

I'm about to go to Vegas and would love to find some of these as a counter point to my adventures at Robuchon and Bradley Ogden et al. Anybody got any tips?

Jay

on decatur between washington and jones is Pepes Tacos. open 24 hours a day, after living in vegas for a year and eating many tacos there pepes is the best.

Tacos de lengua, cabeza, asada, pastor, carnitas, you name it it's there. Menudo is great here too.

Cory Barrett

Pastry Chef

on decatur between washington and jones is Pepes Tacos.  open 24 hours a day, after living in vegas for a year and eating many tacos there pepes is the best.

Tacos de lengua, cabeza, asada, pastor, carnitas, you name it it's there.  Menudo is great here too.

Second that. It's excellent. And ignore anyone who starts bleating that you should avoid it because it's in a "bad" neighborhood--just because the neighborhood isn't tarted up to look like John Wayne Gacy's vision of a Carvel ice cream cake is no reason to sell it short gastronomically.

"She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

--Flannery O'Connor, "A Good Man is Hard to Find"

• 10 months later...
And ignore anyone who starts bleating that you should avoid it because it's in a "bad" neighborhood--just because the neighborhood isn't tarted up to look like John Wayne Gacy's vision of a Carvel ice cream cake is no reason to sell it short gastronomically.

Ok, now I'm going to this place just because I think this is the funniest thing I've read on eG in a year.

I'm a big fan of Tacos Mexicos (several locations throughout the valley)...

Everbody seems to like Roberto's, but I'm not a huge fan

A little on the nicer side, try Lindo Mochian

Oh and not exactly Mexican, but we have some great smaller Peruvian places

Now fortified with extra Riboflavins!