• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

GE Wine Vault

Daddy-A

Just had to share this with folk who would appreciate it:

Just received notice of THIS bad boy in a recent trade magazine.

Introducing a breakthrough in wine storage, designed to cater to the desires of the sophisticated collector, without the complications typically associated with creating custom cellars.

The Monogram® Walk-In Wine Vault combines advanced cooling technology, an electronic inventory-management system, insulation, racking, and lighting - all in one spacious, self-contained unit that can be installed in as little as a day.

• Provides storage for more than one thousand bottles on premium-quality, moisture-resistant redwood racks.
  • Racks are arranged for single-, double- and triple-bottle storage, while also accommodating magnum bottles and crates.
  • Liquid-based, digital thermostat system offers precise control over temperature, allowing adjustment between 50ºF and 70ºF, while maintaining ideal humidity conditions.
  • Stainless steel walls and door have a high-density foam (R-33 value) that helps ensure precise temperature and energy-efficient performance.

The damn thing even has a bar code scanner that links to a computer based inventory system. An online version of the software enables you to view your cellar software anywhere and to queue bottles for removal at your walk-in cellar.

Now ... to win the lottery ...

A.

I'll have to stay content with my 40 bottle wine fridge :angry: I'm thinking that unit is the same size as my loft!

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Two questions: How much, and does it come with a trailer hitch?

I'm guessing that this is one of those 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it' situations.

Of course it could double as your office...you could write it off! (I would make a joke here about cold blooded food writer/restaurant critic types here but I'm not nearly as verbally creative as you are and I would no doubt get the worst of it).

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

• 2 weeks later...