• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'96 Tenuta Cappallotto Barolo

Bill Miller

Found this in my cellar and drank it this weekend. It was very rich and a really nice experience. I don't know where I got it or when. Does any one know anything about this producer or has anyone had any?

Cooking is chemistry, baking is alchemy.

Found this in my cellar and drank it this weekend. It was very rich and a really nice experience.  I don't know where I got it or when.  Does any one know anything about this producer or has anyone had any?

I would assume that it is the SORI PARIDISO Barolo. Tenuta Cappallotto is a Piedmont winemaker, though I've not had much of their wine. I'm not suprised you liked it, 1996 was a superb year for Barolos and they are drinking well right now.