• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mission Hill's Plum and Pinot Sauce

When we were up in Vancouver last month, JamieMaw kindly gave us a jar of the above-mentioned elixir. Tonight I used it in dead-simple funky fusion recipe that was worth sharing with you and dedicating to the esteemed Mr Maw.

At Daddy-A's request, the recipe itself now resides here in Recipe Gullet for posterity.

gallery_16307_215_75536.jpg

A veritable study in brown, isn't it? Hey, brown is a color too! Jamie's Velvet Thighs with roasted cauliflower and freekeh with onion confit stirred in.

Edited by Abra (log)

Well, ah, hmmm, Abra. :laugh: Finally, all is revealed and now everyone knows why attractive Latino women line-up to roll cigars on my thighs. I am so outed, but at least you didn't tell them that I moisturize too.

On topic, that sauce is mighty fine and your concoct as well. I'm going to forward your recipe to chef Allemeier at MH.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Abra - they look delicous.  Thanks for sharing the recipe - and you get to say that you had Jamie's Velvet Thighs in you mouth first.

Thanks Lee. I'm a little nervous that this might catch on. Hopefully Neil won't put it on his specials sheet anytime soon: "Ordering: One roasted cauliflower, side of thighs."

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"