• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amalfi Restaurants: Reviews & Recommendations

Matthew Grant

Hello,

So my in-laws are taking my fiancee and I along with them on their winter tour of the Amalfi coast -- it was a pretty good deal (heck, it's winter) from a package tour company here in Boston. Nevertheless, they're very generous folks.

We'd like to take them out to dinner for at least one of the nights to thank them for their holiday present.

Any recommendations? We're staying all four nights in the Hotel La Bussola in Amalfi, making day trips to Pompeii, Paestrum/Salerno, Capri, and Sorrento/Positano.

How is the hotel, by the way? Dinner is included there all four nights, but I'm assuming its the same old boring glop they serve to the fanny-pack set, especially in the off-season and with the dollar what it is. If that's the case, we'll probably take them out to dinner more than once.

Thanks,

Sander