• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

goody bag ideas...

MeDeMi

I have a customer who has ordered some goodies for her daughter's surprise 30th b-day party. So far she has ordered truffles, caramels and marshmallows. She wants a fourth item, and for some reason I'm drawing a complete blank. I'm looking for something fairly easy and not too expensive to make. Also, the item needs to be able to be individually wrapped and somewhat sturdy because it will be placed in a Chinese food take-out carton with the other goodies. (On top of each carton she's putting a customized fortune cookie, so I don't think another cookies would be a good option.)

Any ideas out there?? I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this so thanks (yet again) for all your help!

"Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better." Robert Redford

I have a customer who has ordered some goodies for her daughter's surprise 30th b-day party.  So far she has ordered truffles, caramels and marshmallows.  She wants a fourth item, and for some reason I'm drawing a complete blank.  I'm looking for something fairly easy and not too expensive to make.  Also, the item needs to be able to be individually wrapped and somewhat sturdy because it will be placed in a Chinese food take-out carton with the other goodies.  (On top of each carton she's putting a customized fortune cookie, so I don't think another cookies would be a good option.)

Any ideas out there??  I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this so thanks (yet again) for all your help!

Chocolate coated strawberries? or other fruits like dried pineapple, glazed apricots half-dipped in chocolate, etc? A little round of white chocolate with 2-3 fresh raspberries embedded? (It's a spring-like weekend here, you can tell where my mind is today!) Some nut bark? Chocolate coated cashews?

How about fruit jellies or something like Turkish delight. A completely different texture and appearance to the other items.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I like the idea of the candied spicy nuts because it would offset all the sweet stuff, but I really like the idea of the chocolate dipped honeycomb because she asked for something unique. Only problem is I don't know where to buy honeycombs... any ideas?

"Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better." Robert Redford

I like the idea of the candied spicy nuts because it would offset all the sweet stuff, but I really like the idea of the chocolate dipped honeycomb because she asked for something unique.  Only problem is I don't know where to buy honeycombs... any ideas?

I had assumed the honeycomb suggestion was refering to the candy not the actually structure that bees make.

It's like a Violet Crumble candy bar. I don't have a recipe, but googling brings up a bunch.

flavor floozy

I like the idea of the candied spicy nuts because it would offset all the sweet stuff, but I really like the idea of the chocolate dipped honeycomb because she asked for something unique.  Only problem is I don't know where to buy honeycombs... any ideas?

I had assumed the honeycomb suggestion was refering to the candy not the actually structure that bees make.

It's like a Violet Crumble candy bar. I don't have a recipe, but googling brings up a bunch.

A local candy shop has what they call honeycomb. It looks/tastes like a rice crispy treat enrobbed in chocolate. They're excellent. Cut them into small bites and dip fully or partially in the chocolate.

My customer has decided to go with the candied spiced nuts, but I did google for honeycombs and you can buy actual honeycombs! I've never heard of the candy so I just assumed you were talking about actual honeycombs dipped in chocolate, but it all sounds good to me!

Thanks, as always, for all your help!