• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

hidden gem in healdsburg for mon 2/27

dragonflychef

hello all

wife and I have a business tasting at 12 in healdsburg, would love to hear suggestions for the area , for a late lunch or early dinner, will possibly be entertaining another couple as well. thanks in advance, also completely unrelated, melkor and I were contemplating the possibility of an egullet shindig at our restaurant, got any input , sound off

i dont have a fancy signature so i will leave you with this,

pepperoni should be made with pork- anonymous

hello all

wife and I have a business tasting at 12 in healdsburg, would love to hear suggestions for the area , for a late lunch or early dinner, will possibly be entertaining another couple as well. thanks in advance, also completely unrelated, melkor and I were contemplating the possibility of an egullet shindig at our restaurant, got any input , sound off

i dont have a fancy signature so i will leave you with this,

pepperoni should be made with pork- anonymous

A recent trip to Cyrus was absolutely outstanding. It's right in Healdsburg.

melkor and I were contemplating the possibility of an egullet shindig at our restaurant, got any input , sound off

That would be great, it was suggested that we try for quarterly events, and since the Incanto dinner was in January, an April event would be perfect.

Would you be able to do a weekend lunch instead of a dinner? I think that might get more people to drive up to Sonoma from various parts of the Bay Area.

Regards,

Pam

Pamela Fanstill aka "PamelaF"

Santi in Geyserville is good, as is the taco truck at Lytton Springs road (128 east). I've had some really good dishes and some less than fantastic dishes at the Dry Creek Kitchen. I'd either hit the Lytton Springs taco truck or NY Pie in Santa Rosa (4th and Brookwood) for a great casual meal.

Cyrus is good, but bring a hefty pocketbook. I spent over $600 for me and 2 guests. For something slightly more affordable and a little more casual, I would say Zazu, or even alot more casual, John Stewarts other place, Bovalo is awesome. I ate lunch there today. Housemade charcuterie and the Bovalo Burger (heirloom pork) put it over the top for me.

If you want to drive 20 minutes southwest and come to La Terre, I will be in doing prep all day, so I wouldn't mind doing a private lunch/dinner for you guys. Just drop me a line.

Thanks for dinner the other night, It was absolutely amazing. Nice chatting as well. I think GD is my new favorite place.

Ian W

Former Chef / Partner, Cafe La Terre and Bistro V Express

Sebastopol, CA

Currently living the culinary dream in South East Asia.

...John Stewarts other place, Bovolo is awesome. I ate lunch there today. Housemade charcuterie and the Bovolo Burger (heirloom pork) put it over the top for me.

I second the recomendation for Bovolo

My wife and I ate there the last time we were in Healdsburg and really enjoyed it.

Pretty casual and in a sort of mall; but, really tasty food.

If you like beer, don't forget Bear Republic!

Keep us posted about the possibility of an eGullet shindig at General's Daughter. I'll try to make it; but, April is a bit busy and the tax man was not kind this year...

-Erik

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA