• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fire at Amazing Hot Dog

rhubarbd

When you reopen I promise to drive from Bucks County PA to try your hot dogs. I have just read too much about you and the hot dogs. I will call you for your hours.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

What she said! :biggrin:

Meanwhile, I hear through the grapevine that reopening will likely be the first week of May. YIPPEE!

Edit: Eric, I think you should use part of the photo caption as your new slogan: Amazing Hot Dog: Spreading joy and condiments :laugh:

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Be sure to read the story about Amazing Hot Dog in the NJ section of the New York Times April23, 2006.

In the story, the writer refers to the "short-lived" Melt? Seriously? How'd I miss that? Was it even mentioned here?

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

In the story, the writer refers to the "short-lived" Melt?  Seriously?  How'd I miss that?  Was it even mentioned here?

Yup.

Edited to add Rich's question.

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

What she said!  :biggrin:

Meanwhile, I hear through the grapevine that reopening will likely be the first week of May.  YIPPEE!

YES!! It's true. AMAZING HOT DOG will re-open the 1st week of May. Look to our website for the official "WE'RE OPEN!!" on the home page. We aren't specifying an exact date to allow for some wiggle room in case an unforseen delay show up next week. We have a busy one-Countertop installs, Signage, OY and then the final inspections; Plumbing, Fire, Electrical, and health all in one week!!

I also want to thank you, my Egullet culinary compadres, for being such a huge part of AMAZING HOT DOG as shown by the great article that Ken Plutnicki wrote in today's NY Times. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your kind words and for your much appreciated support. Please introduce yourselves to me if/when you come into AMAZING HOT DOG.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Thats great, I can't wait to feast on another tasty My Schmiero soon!! Since the world of NYT now knows its my computer wallpaper courtesy of my posts on eGullet, I think I need a closeup shot with me & My Schmiero as my eGullet avatar :biggrin:

All righty then....Where were we? Oh that's right, I left a family business after 20 years to sell,.......gee...what was it I was doing a few months ago? OH YEAH, HOT DOGS!!!

I am pleased to inform you that AMAZING HOT DOG has passed all required inspections and is opening on Monday May 1st!! We have been working since 7:00 this morning (now 10:30 PM) buttoning up the loose ends and prepping our ingredients. After a full day tomorrow, and a well needed rest on Sunday, We will open our doors at 10:00 Monday morning.

Our vendors have delivered all we need to begin serving our customers. It is an awesome sight at AHD right now; 2600 hot dogs, 600 pounds of potatoes etc...

It feels good to be "home" again.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

All righty then....Where were we?  Oh that's right, I left a family business after 20 years to sell,.......gee...what was it I was doing a few months ago?  OH YEAH, HOT DOGS!!!

I am pleased to inform you that AMAZING HOT DOG has passed all required inspections and is opening on Monday May 1st!!  We have been working since 7:00 this morning (now 10:30 PM) buttoning up the loose ends and prepping our ingredients.  After a full day tomorrow, and a well needed rest on Sunday, We will open our doors at 10:00 Monday morning. 

Our vendors have delivered all we need to begin serving our customers.  It is an awesome sight at AHD right now; 2600 hot dogs, 600 pounds of potatoes etc...

It feels good to be "home" again.

Eric

Congratulations, guys! Boy, you got that done quick. I'll definitely stop by sometime during the week to help celebrate the grand reopening!

Thats awesome! Chris & I drove past AHD today and saw you guys working hard inside. I was so excited to see the stacks of buns near the front door, and now seeing this post makes me jump for joy.

See you guys this week :biggrin:

Great news!

It's been a long wait, and I'm psyched to go back for another outstanding dog!

Congrats!

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

I better visit you guys before we move out of state - which may be WITHIN 30 days! Our house is for sale... know any buyers for Bergen Co?!

Goodluck and welcome back to some great folks... YOU folks.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

I do believe it's time to close this thread and get back to this one!