• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moghul - One to know about!

CheapThroat

The Moghul (Mogul?) in Morristown is a totally class act; excellent service, extremely varied cuisine, and despite my predilection for the downscale (see my moniker, which is a financial--PLEASE!--pun), in this case, I willingly sacrificied some extra rupees on the suttee of my appetite.

This place is often patronized by Indians, who obviously know what they're doing. I followed this hint, and was richly rewarded. You will be, too.

I have been enjoying Moghul in Morristown for what seems like the past 10 years! The food and service has ALWAYS been excellent. The only thing I can say is lacking is the wine list. So, maybe it would be a good idea to visit their BYO Edison location!

I would love to hear some recommendations for comparable or even better Indian restaurants in NJ as we enjoy a change in tastes, menus, atmosphere, etc. I've already been to Raagini in Mountainside, Kailash & Mela in Ridgewood, Chand Palace & Maharani in Parsippany and Mahal in Lincoln Park. I will soon try Namanaskar in Paramus as ngatti recommends.

Thanks for your help! :smile:

Here are some of the restaurants in Iselin and Edison:

Oak Tree Road Restaurants in Edison and Iselin

If you want something really different, there is a vegetarian Gujarati restaurant in Edison (on the list) called Jhupdi. It seems to be quite authentic (when I've been there, the other customers have all been Indian).

I'm not that familiar with Gujarati food, but it is quite different from Northern and Southern Indian food.