• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Fantasy Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs Flavor

Jason Perlow

"And the Winner is...

Tasha Callister, 26, of Jacksonville, FL, whose Puttin' on a Ritz would consist of vanilla ice cream, caramel and Ritz crackers."

enjoy!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit another contest i didn't know about until it was over.

I was thinking Arabian Nights of frozen custard spiked with coffee, cardamom, cinnamon and mint.

This whole love/hate thing would be a lot easier if it was just hate.

Bring me your finest food, stuffed with your second finest!

• 2 months later...

I could sit and think of these all day! :raz:

I'd like to try, maybe...

Balsamic & chocolate chunks from Haagen Dazs

Then something characteristically crazy from B&J's like those flavoured Kit Kats, made into ice cream...

Coffee ice cream with Kit Kat pieces

Yoghurt ice cream with Kit Kat pieces & strawberries

or

Chocolate ice cream with Dark Kit Kat pieces & cherries

I'll stop now before I get carried away.

Please take a quick look at my stuff.

Flickr foods

Blood Sugar

• 3 weeks later...

Cashew Mocha, Cashew coffee.

Black walnut with anything on earth. Ever tried to find black walnut anything? Impossible. My favorite nut on earth.

Why do I only truly love things that are impossible to find? Freud would have a field day with me.

I could survive at least six months on a diet of nothing more than black walnut "something".

• 2 weeks later...
Cashew Mocha, Cashew coffee.

Black walnut with anything on earth.  Ever tried to find black walnut anything?  Impossible.  My favorite nut on earth.

Why do I only truly love things that are impossible to find? Freud would have a field day with me.

I could survive at least six months on a diet of nothing more than black walnut  "something".

Haagen Dazs already has a black walnut flavor, if you've not seen it:

http://www.haagendazs.com/segicd.do?productId=234

:wub:

Andrea

in Albuquerque

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

• 3 weeks later...

a dark and exceptional bitter rich ice cream with ancho and/or chipotle chillies, vanilla beans and a light hit of cinnamon - think mayan chocolate but with not so much cinnamon.

lightly roasted and salted pecans, walnuts and almonds with milk chocolate ice cream.

Espresso ice cream with cocoa nibs, chicory and bittersweet chocolate chunks

Or just a rich cream caramel ice cream with salt.

Whoever said that man cannot live by bread alone...simply did not know me.

butter cream ice cream with hints of vanilla, toffee pieces, caramel swirls, chunks of crunchy pork rinds, chocolate chunks, potato chips scattered through out

served with founder's breakfast stout

delicious...and yes I would eat this

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Oh, good lord. Haagen Dazs has just fulfilled many of our fantasies with its "Reserve" line:

Brazilian Acai Sorbet

Amazon Valley Chocolate

Pomegranate [chocolate] Chip

Hawaiian Lehua Honey & Sweet Cream

Toasted Coconut Sesame Brittle (sounds like one of the finalists from the last contest...)

...and they added Cinnamon Dulce de Leche to the "Light" line-up.

I'm all for the Honey & Cream, and starting the stakeout at my local store... :wub:

Andrea

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

Hmm...my fantasy flavor would be a vanilla ice cream with salted roasted pistachios, chunks of dark or bittersweet chocolate and toasted coconut. Mmmmm!

I also really liked the idea of an ice cream with KatKat pieces.....I would buy stock in that!

I discovered the joys of coldstone in NC this past summer and went on complete overload, gummi bears, kitkat pieces, everything looked soooo good - we need one of those in the UK mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man