• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Birthday Celebrations in North NJ

Anonymouze

Though I am pretty firmly set on wanting to go to SOB for my birthday...

I was looking for a "theme restaurant" or a restaurant with a little entertainment or something extra (aka FUN!) to do for my birthday for one of the mealtimes. (Guess adult version of chuck-e-cheese or "splash party" or something!) But not New York City. :cool:

Does anyone know where we could celebrate a birthday in a more fun way in Northern NJ (Middlesex county and points north please) Thanks!

(No A/C I'm not keen on gambling, though I do win alot!) Most comedy clubs aren't that good either in NJ... and I love good comedy but dislike myself or my guests being the brunt of the jokes. Maybe a Lunch & Spa I was thinking or Dinner Theater... or some kind of show/tour... or something? Thanks for all your help everyone! :wub:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

I was looking for a "theme restaurant" or a restaurant with a little entertainment or something extra (aka FUN!) to do for my birthday for one of the mealtimes.  (Guess adult version of chuck-e-cheese or "splash party" or something!) But not New York City.  :cool:

Does anyone know where we could celebrate a birthday in a more fun way in Northern NJ (Middlesex county and points north please) Thanks! 

(No A/C I'm not keen on gambling, though I do win alot!)  Most comedy clubs aren't that good either in NJ... and I love good comedy but dislike myself or my guests being the brunt of the jokes.  Maybe a Lunch & Spa I was thinking or Dinner Theater... or some kind of show/tour... or something?  Thanks for all your help everyone!  :wub:

It might help a little bit to let us know if you are thinking of a group outing or just a small 2-4 person outing.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

This might not be what you're looking for, but Dave and Buster's might be something like the "adult Chuck E. Cheese" shpiel. It's basically a bar/grill and video arcade. There's one at the Palisades Mall in Nyack; a bit of a drive, but accessible from the Parkway and just over the border.

www.daveandbusters.com

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

2 people maybe 3 or 4... been to dave n busters I love it but they don't! LOL but great idea thanks. I wish mars 2112 or one of those fun "NY theme" restaurants were in NJ! but please more ideas if you all have any to spare - pretty please! Thanks. :rolleyes::laugh:

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

:wub: Thanks everyone so far again! Been to medieval times years ago... cute but I was looking for more of a "show" type thing. Dinner and jazz sounds nice I was thinking of checking out a few local restaurants for a piano or jazz combo supper. I've gone to "The Restaurant" in Hackensack before for that reason! Keep the ideas coming my friends here at Egullet! Thanks for the suggestions so far... :wub:

Any places in Bergen or Passaic Counties or Points North? Montclair is nice but parking is sometimes a pain unless the places have on-site parking. I'm a bit mobility impaired. :blink: Thanks... keep the ideas coming, I'm sharing with a friend who's anniversary is the week before. Much appreciated!

I was looking for a "theme restaurant" or a restaurant with a little entertainment or something extra (aka FUN!) to do for my birthday for one of the mealtimes.  (Guess adult version of chuck-e-cheese or "splash party" or something!) But not New York City.  :cool:

(No A/C I'm not keen on gambling, though I do win alot!)  Most comedy clubs aren't that good either in NJ... and I love good comedy but dislike myself or my guests being the brunt of the jokes.  Maybe a Lunch & Spa I was thinking or Dinner Theater... or some kind of show/tour... or something?  Thanks for all your help everyone!  :wub:

Chakra Jazz Tuesdays - Click Here

Edited by Peter Conway (log)

Peter Conway

Food and Wine Guy

Mano A Vino Montclair Food and Wine Blog

There is/was a place that had belly dancers in Nyack NY. Heard the food was good and the show was great.....anyone???

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Also preferably a sat or sunday night, again preferably at or close to bergen co as possible. Thanks!

Is there an online menu or something to see what they have? I saw their site but no menu on it. :-(

Thanks again everyone so far... keep the ideas coming... I think I'll pick something soon, heck I only have 2 weeks! :biggrin:

Anyone ever been to "VU" (you can't search here it's under 4 characters! LOL) it's in Jersey City NJ? That sounds nice n romantic for supper too... thanks! :biggrin: