• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

THE BEST: Cuban Food in Miami

lambretta76

Even though it might not be the "best" Cuban food in Miami, I was taken here by Miami Danny within the past year.  Good food, great value and an even better way to experience a certain element of Cuban culture in Miami.

Mitch: where's "here"?

Shit, I;m sorry - must've had a temporary brain blackout. I was thinking about Versailles.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Someone up thread mentioned a place on Coral Way.  If that was the Latin American Cafeteria  - it is also closed (used to serve great sandwiches).  Robyn

It may have also been Sergio's which is decent. The original owner of the Latin American Cafeterias, Luis Galindo, has more recently opened up at least one new one in West Miami, though I haven't been and haven't heard anything good or bad.

West Miami is a long way to go for a sandwich (even when I lived in Coconut Grove). Robyn