• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KCTS Chefs 2006

Here's a list of the restaurants that will be represented on the KCTS fundraiser this weekend-there are many egullet favorites like Veil, Union, etc etc. I nominated the Szechuan crab at Seven Stars Pepper but alas, it's not on the list. I will have to ask the waitresses why not. When KCTS called them they probably knew it was the crazy couple that gets a crab every week that nominated them.

KCTS chefs restaurant list-pdf.

No Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater (or Shoreline for that matter). Is there a list of previous chef's?

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

• 1 month later...

Did anyone watch?! I did and enjoyed myself although I found whoever that commentator was to be VERY annoying. He never introduced himself.

I really want the cookbook but don't want to spend $100 bucks. Hmmm...

Did anyone watch?!  I did and enjoyed myself although I found whoever that commentator was to be VERY annoying.  He never introduced himself.

Last one I watched had Greg Atkinson as moderator - quiet, knowledgeable, mustache...was this who you saw?

Greg

Did anyone watch?!  I did and enjoyed myself although I found whoever that commentator was to be VERY annoying.  He never introduced himself.

Last one I watched had Greg Atkinson as moderator - quiet, knowledgeable, mustache...was this who you saw?

Greg

And the older guy (who's on all of the cooking fundraisers on KCTS) is named George something, and has grey hair.

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien