• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A return to bachelor(ette)-food

viaChgo

Loving Wifey is gone? Yahooooo!

Lessee: Shrimp in lobster sauce, wontons stuffed with ginger chicken, hot and sour soup.

Liver in worcestshire sauce with fried onions, mashed potatos...drool

Deep fried ravioli, OMG!!! I can do polenta with extra cheese and 3 sauces!

Any seafood, and a big pot of cioppino!

Bread pudding with raisins and Grand Marnier sauce!

Excuse me all, I have to go abuse myself now.....

"Cogito Ergo Dim Sum; Therefore I think these are Pork Buns"

hvrobinson@sbcglobal.net

What he calls "the dreaded hot mushrooms on toast."  sauteed wild mushrooms and shallots on top of crusty bread topped with a gruyere white wine sauce.  He hates it, I love it. 

What the hell is wrong with him?!?!

When the wife is away I like the guilty pleasure of store-brand boxed mac'n'cheese right out of the pot with hot sauce.

Mac and cheese. I'm always experimenting with different ways to make it. I particularly like to make a bechamel-based sauce that involves heating the milk for the bechamel very slowly with pears, so the sauce is very delicately infused with pear-flavour. I take particular pleasure in going through the process very, very slowly, without the pressure of having anyone else around who might be hungry and who might want to eat sooner than later.

My DH is allergic to shrimp. On one of our early dates I didn't know and almost killed him with a spring roll. Tut, tut.

When he is away, lots of shrimp. I mean, pounds of it. And dim sum too since he can't really enjoy that with me. Oh and as little cooking as possible - lots of takeout, bar food, and chocolate cake shots with the girls.

When is he going away on business again? :biggrin:

Eating pizza with a fork and knife is like making love through an interpreter.