• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Bundt-type pan designs

andiesenji

I just came across two new designs in Bundt-type pans.

Fluted mold - "Arabesque"

and

Tulip pan

Lots of design and color possibilities with these pans.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Damn you, andiesenji - I have been trying to reduce the size of my bundt pan collection :raz:

I like the Arabesque but not so much the tulip pan.

I gave away the Nordicware Bundt Rose pan to a friend, and vowed not to purchase any more. However, I may have to break that vow. :wacko:

I have the following Nordicware shaped bundt pans:

Original

Chrysanthemum

Fleur de lis

Violet

Star

Bavaria

Cathedral

Festival

I don't use them as much as I would like. (One can eat only so many pound cakes.)

Thanks for the links!

I have several of the original, including a huge one that takes almost a double recipe.

I don't have the Festival or the Rose but have the others on your list.

I also have the American Star, the Sunflower, the Wreath and the Christmas Tree Ring and one that is rather architectural in design but different from Cathedral. It is a Kaisercast pan called "Domus" and I have the 12 cup. it also comes in a 3 cup version.

I have three other Kaisercast pans and a large "Braid" loaf pan which I use a lot. Bundt-type pans at Chef's

Kaisercast pans

I also have the Kaisercast Saphir

I haven't used all of them yet, however eventually they will all be used. The problem is that I get new ones but keep going back to my favorites.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Andie,

Those are beautiful, especially the "Arabesque" and "Cathedral". ::biting lip:: I want, I want... but no room! ::sigh::

I have a few of the Kaiser bundt pans and one of the Nordicware mini-bundt (6 minis).

William-Sonoma had a variant of the Castle earlier this winter called "Hansel and Gretel". I can't find a link on their website but there are a few listings on eBay that have recently completed.

Thanks for the info!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

I had the fluer-de-lis at my last job. I was so scared of that pan! But....after it was correctly seasoned, the cakes popped out like a dream.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

My favorites are the Christmas Wreath and the Christmas Tree Ring. They show it with a light-colored cake, however I made a pistachio cake which turned out nicely green, I surrounded it with macaroon coconut, then dusted it with XXX sugar and it looked like the trees were in snow.

I have the Cathedral and the Daisy, and wish I owned every single one! They are articles of enchantment to me, miniature architecture. I'd love a wall of shelves with the pans displayed as objects of enchantment.

But, so little space, and I am not a professional pastrycook. I might need to get the pan that makes the six mini-flowers. And that Arabesque...

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I am going to change some things in my kitchen and plan on a wall area where these (and some other unusual pans and molds) can be displayed like plates or bowls, only showing the outside instead of the inside. I have a lot of copper molds and before I remodeled in '94, I had almost all of them displayed on the soffit above the cabinets along one wall. I think that mixing these pans with the copper molds should make an interesting display, not to mention making them easier to store.

• 1 month later...

For those that may be interested in the Christmas designs

PCD Cooking Enthusiasts

Has the tree-ring and the wreathe Bundt pans on clearance for 19.99 each (instead of 34.99).

I haven't gone through all the clearance items but I did get a separate email with a notice that all their Emile Henry bakeware was on sale.

I love the mini rose pan--well, let's see... they have poppa bear size, momma bear size and now baby bear size. Try that again, I love the momma bear size mini rose pan. I actually have three of them because I got one for each kid too and have somehow needed to 'borrow' them back, :rolleyes: anyhow.

Yes, getting them out of the pan seems to be as dependant on the fomula you are using as much as it is the seasoning, ie greasing of the pan. Because I bake different fruit breads & muffins in them. Some come out perfect like plucking ripe fruit, viola. And some are immediatley sliced horizontal for sandwiches. :laugh:

I tell yah, there's no better/easier clean up than filling with hot water & putting back in the oven. :biggrin:

I'm about to do something that I've never done in my life. I'm going to endorse Nordicware's box mix cakes. There, I've done it and I'm glad.

These are not your everyday box mix varieties. Nordicware supplies the dry ingredients and you add lots of butter and eggs. I haven't tried them all, but I particularly love the cinnamon and chocolate ones. Don't hate me until you try them.