• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tintara

sadistick

Took a bottle of 'Vintage 2000 Hardy's McLaren Vale Tintara' Shiraz last night to a BYOW restaurant.

Great wine, good body, very fruity aromas, long......long finish.

I dont claim to be able to evaluate wines as many seem to do on this board, but this wine was really tastey!

:biggrin:

Have you had this vintage for a while or a recent purchase? Curious to the cost in the LCBO shops? Tasty drop and easy to drink.

Cheers,

Stephen

Vancouver

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

But was that price for the 2000 Vintage bottle?

98 and 01 are the only vintages that I could imagine commanding a higher than normal price. Still, I can't see how any vintage could be priced 3 times higher than the rest. If anything, I'd imagine that retailers would have been blowing out the 00 to make room for the 01 vintage. At least that's how it was at the retailer that I used to work for.

Edited by detlefchef (log)