• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good bakeries north of SF?

Hello! My wife and I are taking a trip up north out of the city and up to Arcata to visit some friends. What good bakeries are off of the 101 north of the city? We're now self-employed and are doing research! haha!

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ

Patisserie Angelica... there are no directions on the website, and the address given can't be found on yahoo maps...

Any help?

On the way up, we went to Della Fattoria in Petaluma. I must say, we were a little underwhelmed. The space itself wsa really cute, and the kitchen looked very nice... but the product looked a little sloppy. There were no labels or names or prices on quite a few of the products. I'm just surprised because of the level of quality that I've always experienced with their stuff at the SF farmers market...

Stephen W.

Pastry Chef/Owner

The Sweet Life Bakery

Vineland, NJ