• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
jordyn

Gary Danko

I wen there tonight for my birthday dinner 

amuse Bouche of duck soup with Thai flavors:

43DC95F6-8262-4B03-A422-0E5FA915CF3A.jpeg

• Like 2

We didn’t take a picture of the risotto because it was too good. I was angry at myself when the table next to me asked to take a picture because they’d forgotten. 

I had the Dungeness crab salad from the appetizer menu. It was good. Not great. My husband had the tuna from the seafood menu:

CB29A72C-F480-4A11-AC59-ED248899469C.jpeg

E0FEB303-CE34-488A-8DD4-5003F028441C.jpeg

• Like 5

My main was the lobster from the seafood selection. My husband has the duck and loved it. My main was excellent. We drank a Pinot Nior from Williamete Valley with these dishes. I was FULL. But I loved this because I can’t eat a lot but I love being able to eat more than one dish. My husband finished with the chocolate soufflé and they gave me a birthday passion fruit cake/ sorbet. It was good.  I’d go back. 

E0A68390-C71D-41B7-BD99-451BFD28F4AF.jpeg

C5AA4751-3C5A-4F90-8369-7F6C6F7E1E29.jpeg

23776616-298B-4712-A059-11043F9456A9.jpeg

0180973A-19CE-4005-A5F5-FF3F5AA42288.jpeg

476877E7-C407-489D-91DE-3510BDAF457C.jpeg

73A11BAF-1E78-4C80-A4E9-97ED641D8704.jpeg

• Like 10

@MetsFan5 Great meal! What was t he sauce on the duck?

5 hours ago, MetsFan5 said:

My main was the lobster from the seafood selection. My husband has the duck and loved it. My main was excellent. We drank a Pinot Nior from Williamete Valley with these dishes. I was FULL. But I loved this because I can’t eat a lot but I love being able to eat more than one dish. My husband finished with the chocolate soufflé and they gave me a birthday passion fruit cake/ sorbet. It was good.  I’d go back. 

What a lovely celebration...Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gfweb said:

@MetsFan5 Great meal! What was t he sauce on the duck?

Thanks! It was a huckleberry bordelaise sauce. My husband loved it and it’s one of their best sellers. 

• Like 3
  • Delicious 1

After Zuni tonight, I’m on my own tomorrow (husband has a work dinner). I’m thinking I may try the Liholilo Yacht Club as a walk in. Loving the restaurants here and looking forward to Napa tastings. 

• Like 1

Regarding transporting wines from Napa when we were up there a few years ago a lot of the wineries sold an item called a "Wine Check," which is a specially designed bag that carries twelve bottles and can be put onto the airplane as checked luggage. Ours came safely all the way back to Australia and they are nowhere near as expensive as the other options. The wineries use it as an advertising opportunity by having their logo put on it. The wine check site is here: https://thewinecheck.com. We bought the $85 variant in Napa.

• Like 3

I hear you, girl.   Happy (small bites) birthday.   Safe trip back here to NJ for you and the hubs!

p.s.  where is the pup?

Sign in to follow this