• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Jersey's Got Class? Baking Classes

Anonymouze

I am looking for some New Jersey cooking or baking classes that are in Bergen County with easy access to/from by car and preferably where I may get a seat while I learn and bake/prep etc....

Unfortunately after 20 minutes or so my back hurts so that is my only limitation. Does anyone know of anyone that has some relatively inexpensive classes or I could "intern" for (sitting and prepping?) so I may learn to bake some home-style goodies like bread or pastries?

I have been told by my friend Raj that he will teach me how to make Indian Poori and that's a great start, he's right in Emerson. If anyone knows of anything or is perhaps thinking of creating something please kindly let me know! :cool::biggrin:

Also if you know of any restaurants or take-outs that will do this I'd be interested too. Thanks! I'm always seeking out new, interesting things to do.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Your tapas class sounds interesting... I am really looking for more along the lines of breadstuff like challah, bagels, breads, muffins um like that! Thanks though... I may check out your Tapas class info more later. :cool:

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

Check with Kings Super Markets and with Bergen Community College too.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Kings closed all of their "kitchens" :angry: except the Short Hills one last I heard...they were revamping/upgrading that one. I will check with my community college thanks! :biggrin:

Lots of Bergen County school systems have community schools that offer all sorts of cooking classes. I keep telling myself I'm going to take some classes one day. I've seen catalogs from Glen Rock, Ridgewood, Midland Park, Wyckoff, Ramsey, and Fair Lawn. All seem to be very good, and I'm sure many other districts in the area have good community school programs as well. I worked for the Glen Rock Community School for a few years and they have very good programs in a number of areas. I'm sure the other programs are good as well. The price should be reasonable too. (Maybe $75 plus supplies.)