• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best of Kansas City

Katie Nell

Just a bump and a reminder if you haven't been lately.....Cupini's is a local treasure as far as I'm concerned. I keep forgetting that they opened a location right up the street from my house in Parkville, and I've visited the past couple of days for lunch.  Great food, fantastic customer service, and they've done a VERY fine job of dressing up a spot that would have otherwise been taken over by some chain.  The sausage panini is a favorite of mine.....

Zeemanb, since you seem to be up in that neck of the woods often, what's the story on that Agave that opened up around the corner from the Cupini's? I see that the Backyard BBQ place got an upgrade and went to a larger, more visible spot.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Just a bump and a reminder if you haven't been lately.....Cupini's is a local treasure as far as I'm concerned. I keep forgetting that they opened a location right up the street from my house in Parkville, and I've visited the past couple of days for lunch.  Great food, fantastic customer service, and they've done a VERY fine job of dressing up a spot that would have otherwise been taken over by some chain.  The sausage panini is a favorite of mine.....

Zeemanb, since you seem to be up in that neck of the woods often, what's the story on that Agave that opened up around the corner from the Cupini's? I see that the Backyard BBQ place got an upgrade and went to a larger, more visible spot.

I have not been to Agave, was hoping you'd take the bullet and check it out, lol.

Backyard BBQ has definitely taken a turn for the better as far as location, and I believe they are hosting an event at Briarcliff this weekend to feature the creators of the "Bacon Explosion" that is all the rage online. I may have to saunter over there and check it out.

Good things happening in NKC!

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

[i may have to saunter over there and check it out.

I didn't realize sauntering was in your repertoire, Z :biggrin:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

I have not been to Agave, was hoping you'd take the bullet and check it out, lol.

Backyard BBQ has definitely taken a turn for the better as far as location, and I believe they are hosting an event at Briarcliff this weekend to feature the creators of the "Bacon Explosion" that is all the rage online. I may have to saunter over there and check it out.

Good things happening in NKC!

I fully expect to see this bacon explosion thing show up at several of the bbq competitions that I will judge this season. My guess is the first one will be either Enid or Claremore.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

[i may have to saunter over there and check it out.

I didn't realize sauntering was in your repertoire, Z :biggrin:

I saunter so much that it is shameful.....a crime against god and man.

And that bacon explosion....I can only wish it was contained in my skeevy and hurtful heart.....but we all know those boundaries have been breached.....

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011