• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[DFW] D Magazine's Annual Restaurant Issue

Kevin72

In D Magazine's Restaurant Issue, Nancy Nichols and Teresa Gubbins profile the best 10 new restaurants in DFW, "Fresh" and "stale" dining trends, 10 young chefs to watch, and a profile of Steven Pyles' return to the restaurant scene.

eG fave Lanny's Alta Cocina Mexicana gets a nod twice, as one of the best new restaurants and as part of a wave of regional Mexican restaurants in the "Fresh" trends section.

The Green Room's Colleen O'Hare (yay!) is one of the 10 Young Chefs.

Another "Fresh" trend: Authentic Italian cooking, featuring a slew of restaurants I hadn't heard much of: Tutto, Campania, and Danielle Osteria.

Steven Pyles is getting no shortage of media treatment lately: Richard Kilgore had a previous thread on his article in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram, and last week, Mark Stuertz reviewed/profiled the restaurant in the Dallas Observer.

Thoughts? Omissions? Places you want to try?

I agree Danielle Osteria should be on the list. I've been twice and aside from great food the man is so darn warm and welcoming that you just want him to be successful! The rest of the list isn't too surprising. It's all the same places you hear of in the media. Not that they don't deserve it, it's just we have so many places to eat here.

I don't know how long its been around bit MINT on Central and Forest

Mint

When I went I was quite impressed. For the location and the price Its a winner. Now I that I compare its nowhere near the price of say Nobu. So for those of us working on a budget this a good spot. Mint first then Nobu.

I don't know how long its been around bit MINT on Central and Forest

Mint

When I went I was quite impressed. For the location and the price Its a winner. Now I that I compare its nowhere near the price of say Nobu. So for those of us working on a budget this a good spot. Mint first then Nobu.

I like Mint also, especially the snapper with curry. It isn't fancy, but for my dining dollar, it is a much better value than most of those chain places.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!