• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Atlantic City Dining

thecips

We rented a oceanfront condo at a great rate in Brigatine for presidents day weekend. We are thinking about doing dinner at the following,Tre figlio,Steak 38, and Cafe 2825. Has anyone been to any on these places. Or any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Linda

:wub:

I had a wonderful dinner at Girasole a little while back and highly recommend it. I also had a fun meal at Carmines two weeks ago with a large group of people. Not the best Italian food I've ever had but not the worst either and it fit the bill nicely with the large party.

Steak 38 is a great choice and very close to you it always get positive comments (www.tripadvisor .com or google it) If you don't mind the drive and traffic in AC you owe it to yourself to get to Cafe 2825 for some of South Jerseys best Italian dinning especially if you looking for seafood items. Just be sure NOT to go over to the Quarter to the Cuba Libra it's the most over rated place in AC. If someone paid for my food and drinks I still wouldn't go back.

We rented a oceanfront condo at a great rate in Brigatine for presidents day weekend. We are thinking about doing dinner at the following,Tre figlio,Steak 38, and Cafe 2825. Has anyone been to any on these places. Or any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Linda

:wub:

I second Steak 38. We had a really good dinner there last summer before the Elvis Costello concert at the Borgata. Great steaks and pretty much everything else. Reserve early, they book up although shouldn't be too bad when you will be there

Dont pass up the opportunity to dine at CHEF VOLA'S.

Nothing in AC compares to the fun and private club feeling and superb food at this place. And worth the ridiculous effort to find the place.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

You may want to try this place, I've never been there but they come recommended. ::shrug:: http://www.tuntavern.com/ check it out for yourself?!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Dont pass up the opportunity to dine at CHEF VOLA'S.

Nothing in AC compares to the fun and private club feeling and superb food at this place.  And worth the ridiculous effort to find the place.

Chef Vola's is the best, we are in AC now and could not get a reservation. Book in ADVANCE!!!! Great Italian American menu, nice people!! Loved it! :biggrin:

Tun tavern is ok for lunch or plain bar food nothing to make a special trip for it's a brew pub. I've eaten at Chef Vola's 1/2doz times with friends and think it's over rated and have never understood all the fuss some meal were very very good but some were nothing special at all and the thing with so many nightly specials drives me crazy they have 2x as many daily specials as the normal menu has on it and there usually always the same so why not just put them on the regular menu??

You may want to try this place, I've never been there but they come recommended.  ::shrug:: http://www.tuntavern.com/  check it out for yourself?!

Ted Briggs is the brewer at Tun Tavern, and his beers alone are well worth the trip; he makes superb ales, and his strengths are with British style beers. His barleywine, Freedom Ale, is worth the trip alone. For a brewpub, the food is quite good, but I think the service is lacking. If you dive into a couple of beer samples before lunch/dinner, it may make the time pass more pleasantly.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

I agree about the Tun being a great beer spot and I've been there more than a few times with friends for the house brews I'm a very big fan. I also think that for a place that's primarily a bar their food is very good, we've eaten dinner there twice and it was good on both occasions. But having said that from what the original poster was asking I don't think this is the dining experience he is seeking, the Tun is more of a open party, good time experience with lots of noise and people watching and interaction IMHO. Not at all the experience on get at a place like Cafe 2825 or Steak38.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thread jacking - looking for casual places to go with guys on a golf trip. Tun Tavern fits the bill, any others?

Similar question....Goal is steaks after golf. I'm looking at Ruth's Chris and Knife & Fork because they have seating available on OpenTable. But I've read some decent stuff about Steak 38.

The real question is; will we feel out of place at either restaurant having come directly from the golf course with minimal time to clean up?

Other suggestions welcome.