• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Delivery Food in Toronto

creativeingredients

Hehe if i was lucky enough to live around avenue road and lawrence I'd never order in . .. . I'd just walk over to pusateri's!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck I drive for 2 hours just to go to that store . . . .:)

I am really glad to know that is where in TO you are though since i have wanted to try one of your cakes . . . .. Next trip to Pussateri's I'll definitely order one and will be able to pick it up.

OMG . . you are so LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you MUST order takout . . EDO is just down the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love the sushi there!!!! One of the other places in Toronto I will drive 2 hours just to go to!!!

Since I am most likely going to be ordering in tonight, I thought it may not be a bad idea for a topic on the best places for delivery within the GTA for various types of cuisine.

I will add my thoughts later - but specifically, for my search tonight, we are deciding between...

Chinese

Japanese

Thai

Since location sometimes may be an issue, we live around the Avenue and Lawrence area...

I'll tell you right now - My favourite pizza place with widespread delivery....Pizzaville!

Hey Stalder,

You know...I do love going to Pusateri's...however, eventually...it becomes just as expensive, if not even more sometimes vs ordering in! :laugh:

Please let me know next time you are in the area, I will have one waiting for you! Where exactly is EDO? Someone brought take out from there the other day and it was very nice...although I found another amazing sushi place on Young and Lawrence area about 4 blocks north of lawrence on the east side.

I heard about this place called 'Spring Roll' for Thai delivery, apparantly they are quite good...will have to try them out one of these days...however I have pretty high standards for Pad Thai after eating at 'Princess Thai' down on King St.

Hey Stalder,

You know...I do love going to Pusateri's...however, eventually...it becomes just as expensive, if not even more sometimes vs ordering in!  :laugh:

Please let me know next time you are in the area, I will have one waiting for you!  Where exactly is EDO?  Someone brought take out from there the other day and it was very nice...although I found another amazing sushi place on Young and Lawrence area about 4 blocks north of lawrence on the east side.

I heard about this place called 'Spring Roll' for Thai delivery, apparantly they are quite good...will have to try them out one of these days...however I have pretty high standards for Pad Thai after eating at 'Princess Thai' down on King St.

Edo is very near to Eglington and Avenue Road . . . . one street west of avenue on Eglinton. The fish is ALWATS fresh there and they serve a large variety of imaginitive maki.

Joy Thai in that area has good food, but I'm not sure if they deliver.

Indian food is an option as it holds up to delivery well.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

• 2 weeks later...