• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO pan with multiple cavities for 3" cakes

LCS

I'd like to bake lots of individual cakes and cheesecakes. Instead of fumbling around with a ton of 3" pans, I'm looking for something like a muffin pan where the cavities are 3" in diamter and maybe 2" high. Also something like this, but again, in 3" instead of 2". And preferbaly something with more cavities, like the size of a full sheet pan. Does anyone carry something like this?

I've been looking everywhere for the same thing too and so far those norpro ones like you posted are the only thing I've been able to find anywhere. 12 cavity only. I hope someone else pops on with a link beause I've got 800 of those buggers to do in March! :blink:

Edited by Sugarella (log)

Parrish's/Magic Line will do custom work, but I have no idea how expensive it would be. Can't hurt to ask.... Or maybe the Chicago Metallic company would.

I have a hundred or so of the 3x2 pans; for individual cakes it's a pain but there's no waste; but for cheesecakes, I use rings. I cut circles out of sheet cakes when I had to do individual cakes for a wedding order last year.

Here is a link to Chicago Metallic's catalog for commercial bakeware. This is not their so-called commercial line found in housewares stores. You can probably order through a local restaurant supply store (I ordered muffin pans this way), but you can call one of their sales reps for more info (see customer service page). They're not cheap but they'll last a lifetime.

Ilene