• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add links

Just watched Ottolenghi and the Cakes of Versailles, a documentary about Ottolenghi's 2018 commission from the Metropolitan Museum of Art to put on a culinary gala in conjunction with their Versailles exhibit.

Ottolenghi recruits Dominique Ansel, Ghaya Oliveira, executive pastry chef at Daniel in NY, fancy UK jelly makers Bompas and Parr, Ukrainian architect/baker Dinara Kasko and Janice Wong, a pastry chef/chocolatier/creator of edible art from Singapore as the artists who will use their own techniques to reimagine the fabulous pastries of pre-revolution era Versailles.  

I would have loved a whole hour on each artist to better see what they were doing but it's still excellent eye candy!  

Here's a trailer.  I watched the film on Hulu.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Just watched Ottolenghi and the Cakes of Versailles, a documentary about Ottolenghi's 2018 commission from the Metropolitan Museum of Art to put on a culinary gala in conjunction with their Versailles exhibit.

Ottolenghi recruits Dominique Ansel, Ghaya Oliveira, executive pastry chef at Daniel in NY, fancy UK jelly makers Bompas and Parr, Ukrainian baker Dinara Kasko and Janice Wong, a creator of edible art from Singapore as the artists who will use their own  techniques to reimagine the fabulous pastries of pre-revolution era Versailles.  

I would have loved a whole hour on each artist to better see what they were doing but it's still excellent eye candy!  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Ottolenghi recruits Dominique Ansel, Ghaya Oliveira, executive pastry chef at Daniel in NY, fancy UK jelly makers Bompas and Parr, Ukrainian baker Dinara Kasko and Janice Wong, a creator of edible art from Singapore as the artists who will use their own  techniques to reimagine the fabulous pastries of pre-revolution era Versailles.