• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Reasonable BYO

tippingvelvet

good BYO in Bergen, Essex or Passiac, Hudson with entrees/specials typically priced between $15 - $20
from Tipping Velvet

My personal likes this year in no particular order are

Pimaan - Emerson - Thai

Bhoj - Elmwood Park - Indian :biggrin:

Silver Oak Bistro - Ridgewood - Southern/Americana :wub:

Sapphire - Tenafly? - Middle Eastern

And w/bars

Kirker's Inn - Hawthorne? - German

Waterloo Sue's - Hackensack - Italian/Americana

The Park Steakhouse - Park Ridge NJ (May run $15-25 a plate but they have great food!) - American

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

If you want a truly spectacular meal with pricing that fits your requirements, you must go to Blu in Montclair! Best bet is a weeknight, esp since the Excellent review in last Sunday's NY Times.

Other thoughts:

Trattoria Fresco in Caldwell

Los Tapatios in West Orange

Those ought to get you started! :smile:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Oh my goodness their menu looks wonderful! I have to now take a trip to Nutley! :biggrin:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

I think Nauna's is OK for pizza delivery if every other place in the universe suddenly went out of business.

Huh? Nauna's has been around forever. Kids grew up on Nauna's! It's a Montclair institution! Does it have the absolute greatest Italian food in Essex County? That's an unfair question. But it does have fresh, very good, food and incredible service, as well as an attractive dining room and more than reasonable prices. With it's two dining areas it's perfect for an after softball get together with some friends near the front, as well as "Saturday Night" out in the rear of the restaurant.

It's nice to be able to go to a restaurant that you know will be reliable, where the people know you, where the emphasis is on seeing to it that you have a good dining experience.