• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

can you believe it.... sheer beauty!

schneich

i just found this weird japanese site with all those perfectly desserts and pastry carried out so marvelously well... it comes with lots of photos and and recipes and its free...

check it out ----)  cakechef.info

cheers

t.

I tried the site ( thank you ) but all the text is symbols. Did you have this problem? Woods

I tried the site ( thank you ) but all the text is symbols.  Did you have this problem?  Woods

first you want to install yourself the japanese language into windows

then you can run the whole site through altavistas babelfish translator to read the recipes...

cheers

t.

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

Very cool. Such flawless-looking construction. If ony I could make a tart shell as geometrically perfect as the one on that page. . .

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Wow. Thanks for posting this. Now to decide which recipe to make...

I thought you were going to say which one to buy. :biggrin:

Here is another translator.

Copy and paste the URL in the URL field, select the 日->英 radio button, and click ウェブページ翻訳, and the whole page will be translated in a new window.

I wonder if there are any other good translators.

Unfortunately, I don't have that option since moving back to Canada. It's a good thing I didn't discover my passion for pastry while I was living in Tokyo, because I was already waddling around like a penguin by the time I moved away.

There are, like myself. However, I don't think anyone can afford my hourly rate.:biggrin:

Baker of "impaired" cakes...

Unfortunately, I don't have that option since moving back to Canada. It's a good thing I didn't discover my passion for pastry while I was living in Tokyo, because I was already waddling around like a penguin by the time I moved away.

There are, like myself. However, I don't think anyone can afford my hourly rate.:biggrin:

OK, Mr. Good Translator, so when you decide which recipe to try, will you be kind enough to translate it for your fellow eGulleteers? :biggrin::biggrin: