• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Movenpick coffeee

Honkman

Not sure why you've had no success - the first two google.co.uk results are US firms googleisyourfriend.

I'm more puzzled why you'd want something probably roasted and shipped x months ago, instead of fresh roasted from your own area.

Bainesy

Sheffield, where I changed,

And ate an awful pie

Not sure why you've had no success - the first two google.co.uk results are US firms googleisyourfriend.

I'm more puzzled why you'd want something probably roasted and shipped x months ago, instead of fresh roasted from your own area.

Bainesy

Thanks. For some reasons this didn't show up when I googled (might be because I orginally looked for Moevenpick, not Movenpick (always the same problems with umlaut). And I am interested to see if there is any shop with fresh roasted Movenpick coffee online. I like Movenpick coffee quite a lot when living in Germany and Switzerland and haven't found an equally good coffee here in the US.

Getting a Swiss roasted coffee fresh enough here ithe US is for all practical purposes an imposisbility unless you're willing to pay shipping charges for two day delivery from Europe to the uS.

That's not a criticism of Movenpick coffee - it's simply a function of the time senstive nature of roasted coffee. Even in a vacuum packed container in whole bean form there is no way that a Swiss roasted coffee will be as fresh as a US roaster's coffee - not if we're talking a matter of weks after roasting before you open the package.

Can you articulate the characteristics of it that you liek the most? Is it a dark or light roast flavor profile? Does it have fruity or chcollatey or spicy undertones on the flavor? Is it smooth and very well balanced ot does it have a bit of bit or zing in the high notes that you really like?

I'm sure there's a US fresh roasted coffee out there for you - it's just a question of which one. And if I was living in Switzerland (or Germany or anywhere else) I'd be looking for a roaster in that country who had a coffee I favored. Freshness is crucial.